DCM Board Meeting
Sept. 1, 2009
538 Foster St, Durham, NC 27701
Call to Order: 6:50pm
Present: Beth, Danny, Aubrey, Michael, Don
Board did not meet August 25, 2009; work session was held to work on by-laws
1. August 18 minutes approved.
2. Capital campaign. Discussed capital campaign document preparation, and suggested that board work session of 9/8 be partially devoted to capital campaign committee development.
3. Bylaws, Revision 3 that were developed in August 28 work session adopted.
Decision: To accept DCM bylaws, Revision #3 as final version.
4. Membership & Marketing will prepare an announcement re: Sprout Loan.
5. Discussion of possible name change - Michael will prepare a proposal document to frame discussion; this will be discussed at upcoming work session meeting.
6. Official change to bi-weekly board meetings. Decision: Board will begin bi-weekly meetings, from 6:30-8:30, with board work sessions on alternate Tuesday. Aubrey and Danny will continue to alternate running the official board meetings.
7. Financial Discussion. Aubrey presented the totals for budget and expenses. Owner shares received is above projection for the cumulative period. Aubrey will send out the budget report to the Board.
8. Location update. Don gave an update on locations.
9. Discussed posting of announcement of Annual Meeting and information about board elections. Decision: Page 3 of the application packet will be posted on the website.
Meeting adjourned 8:19 pm. Work session: Tuesday, Sept. 8; 6:30pm.
You can now become a Durham Central Market Owner via the website. We offer individual shares and business shares. Become an owner today by filling out the online owner share form and pay using a secure Paypal connection, and thanks!!
Durham Central Market
P.O. Box 25216
Durham, NC 27702-5216
The Owner Investment Campaign is ongoing, offering our owners the opportunity to invest in the co-op. Details on your options for investing are available here.
Email your intention to pledge to firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll walk you through the rest. Together we can build something wonderful!
Current Amount: 1171
May 25 - Farmers Market
June 8 - Farmers Market
June 22 - Farmers Market
Durham Central Park
Durham Co-Housing Community
Carolina Farm Stewardship Assoc.
Animal Welfare Approved
Center for Environmental Farming Systems
The Rural Advancement Foundation International (located in Pittsboro, NC)
Slow Food Triangle