DCM Board Meeting
113 Broadway Street
March 15, 2011
Present: Robin Arcus
Heather Tunnell, Investment Campaign Coordinator
Meeting called to order at 6:32 p.m.
Hire Heather Tunnell to process shares
Approve Capital Preservation Policy
Approved $2000 for advertising by M & M committee
1) Approval of Minutes
2) Investment Campaign Report – pledges at $389,000; info session this past Sunday and Thursday, Mar 17; 2 phone bank calling parties on Mar 23 at Bacon home and Mar 26 at office; 106 owners have invested so far; DCM has a larger number of owners than most coops have at this point in development
3) Project Manager’s Report –
4) Scott Harmon and Rob Emerson site feasibility study (power point presentation)
5) Board Engagement with Investment Campaign
6) Committee Reports
7) Budget – will be considered at next Exec Committee meeting
8) Bookkeeper Search – new bookkeeper has been hired
Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Submitted by Shelley Beason, secretary
You can now become a Durham Central Market Owner via the website. We offer individual shares and business shares. Become an owner today by filling out the online owner share form and pay using a secure Paypal connection, and thanks!!
Durham Central Market
P.O. Box 25216
Durham, NC 27702-5216
The Owner Investment Campaign is ongoing, offering our owners the opportunity to invest in the co-op. Details on your options for investing are available here.
Email your intention to pledge to firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll walk you through the rest. Together we can build something wonderful!
Current Amount: 1171
May 25 - Farmers Market
June 8 - Farmers Market
June 22 - Farmers Market
Durham Central Park
Durham Co-Housing Community
Carolina Farm Stewardship Assoc.
Animal Welfare Approved
Center for Environmental Farming Systems
The Rural Advancement Foundation International (located in Pittsboro, NC)
Slow Food Triangle